Family Farm Days
The Food Bank Farm and Kestrel Land Trust will be hosting Family Farm Days throughout the growing season! Families will learn about regenerative farming practices and The Food Bank’s mission to community food security. Volunteer activities include planting seedlings, maintaining farm beds, harvesting, and taking a nature walk on our 142 acres of farmland in Hadley. Please email Amanda Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up.
Food Bank Farm: 32 Shattuck Rd, Hadley, MA 01035
- Saturday, April 16th
- Saturday, May 7th
- Saturday, June 18th
- Saturday, July 9th
If you have completed a Volunteer Orientation, you can sign up for a shift here.
Volunteer COVID Protocols
• We continue to strongly recommend up to date COVID vaccinations (this includes boosters!) to decrease the spread of COVID in our community and for the best protection against getting severely ill from COVID-19.
• We have decreased our onsite occupancy to 50% until further notice
•We continue to require masks onsite, temperature checking on arrival, and hand sanitation throughout the day •Volunteer stations are 6 feet or more apart
•Tight fitting masks are required. KN95 masks are available for staff and volunteers onsite – just ask!
• If you have any symptoms on a day you are scheduled to volunteer, or if you are isolating or in quarantine, cancel on the volunteer portal and stay home
•If you develop symptoms within 48 hours after a volunteer shift, please email Amanda at email@example.com
Virtual Volunteer Orientation
All new volunteers must complete a Virtual Volunteer Orientation by watching both videos below.
Please note: due to the coronavirus pandemic, there are no in-person monthly volunteer orientations at this time.
- If you haven’t done so yet, please register in our volunteer system
- Upon registering, you will fill out a Food Bank Volunteer Waiver.
- When you sign up for a shift, you will need to confirm COVID-19 Screening Questions to ensure everyone stays safe.
For questions about volunteering, please contact Amanda Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org