Thank you for your interest in coordinating a Food/Fund Drive to benefit the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts.
Please complete the following form and submit it before beginning your collection. Thank you!
What is a Fund Drive?
- A “Fund Drive” is a fundraiser – an alternate, more flexible way to ensure your neighbors have access to the food they need
- Fund Drives eliminate the time and cost of Food Bank staff to sort and redistribute collected food.
- There are no heavy boxes of food to carry and deliver to the Food Bank.
- Your donation goes further. For every $1 you donate through the virtual food drive towards food purchases and distribution, we are able to provide 3 meals.
- Fund Drives are completely customizable for your company, group, or school, so you can have the same feeling of team effort as you would with a canned food drive.
What is a Food Drive?
- A “Food Drive” is an event for collecting nonperishable food items to be redistributed to food insecure people in the community.
- Some food drives collect all of their food in a singular place on a singular day, while others last for a period of days or weeks in which people can drop off collected food.
- Food Drives offer a fun opportunity for people to gather for a common cause.
- Food Drives collecting under 100 pounds of food will be connected to a local pantry or meal site for donation drop-off.
- Food Drives collecting more than 500 pounds qualify for pick-up by a Food Bank Truck.
SNAP application assistance is still available via phone at (413) 992-6204. Please check our SNAP page for more information.