TITLE: WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE STATUS: FULL TIME (40 HRS), NON-EXEMPT
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for conducting daily order selection and other related tasks to distribute food to our member agencies in order to advance the goals of the Food Operations Division of The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts.
- 1. Pick orders
- • Carry out pre-shift checks of equipment
- • Handle paperwork
- • Read order sheets to locate individual items within warehouse
- • Remove full case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet
- • Safely maneuver pallet on an electric pallet jack until order is complete
- • Ensure item pick accuracy and safety of product to prevent damage
- • Inform supervisor of any discrepancies in case quantity and/or product description
- • Manually wrap pallets by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure
- 2. Prepare, load and ship product as needed
- • Load and unload orders and/or product onto trucks with pallet jack
- • Ensure loads are properly labeled prior to loading
- 3. Restock products as needed
- • Ensure all products being stored have identification labels
- • In some cases, attach pallet identification labels to the pallets
- 4. Keep work area tidy by picking up scrap wood, paper, plastic wrappers, and broken pallets
- 5. Maintain warehouse clean and within safety standards.
- 6. Maintain warehouse within Feeding America standards and industry regulations.
- Release orders to member agency representatives in a professional manner
- Maintain and monitor orderly and safe agency shopping area
- Provide assistance in our volunteer sorting room
Job Specifications & Requirements:
- • 1-year minimum experience in forklift operation and other materials-handling equipment
- • Physical demands: standing, walking, driving, carrying, twisting, bending, swooping, twisting, pushing/pulling and handling paperwork Lifting of objects weighing from 50 lbs consistently to 75 lbs occasionally. (medical exam required)
- • Ability to work in all temperature zones
- • Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- • Good customer service skills
- • Class D Drivers License and good driving record
- • Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- • Excellent attendance
- • Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment
- • Experience with food industry and food safety preferred
- • Bi-lingual/bi-cultural in Spanish
- • Proficiency in computer data entry in the Windows environment
Manager of Food Operations
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and your résumé to: email@example.com with the subject line WHA2014.
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.
Résumés will be considered immediately. Search will continue until the position is filled.