The mission of the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is to feed our neighbors in need and lead the community to end hunger.
A Western Massachusetts where no one faces food insecurity and everyone always has access to nutritious food.
The Food Bank believes that everyone has the right to healthy food. Therefore, our actions are guided by the following values:
- We pursue collaborative approaches to solutions based on mutual respect, trust, and accountability.
- We are committed to partnerships and sharing expertise to meet the immediate need for emergency food and address the underlying causes of hunger.
- We seek community-based approaches that advance self-reliance and capacity, build on existing assets, and allow residents to take leadership of their own solutions to hunger.
- We believe in the power of advocacy and education as a means to create change in communities.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- We strive to have the diversity of our community and the people we serve reflected in our staff and board of directors.
- We believe that an understanding of the inequalities in access to food is essential to conducting our work.
- We are committed to increasing cultural competence and inclusion in our organization.
Integrity and Accountability
- We act with integrity in our use of resources, partnerships, organizational governance, and implementation of our mission.
- We hold ourselves accountable to conducting our work efficiently, effectively and with excellence.
- We believe all people should be treated with equal respect and dignity.
- We recognize that the dedication and talent of our staff is the source of our success.
- We support staff through professional growth opportunities, rewarding work, and recognition of accomplishments.
- We believe that work-life balance is important in creating a productive and positive workplace.
- We seek to maximize the impact and longevity of our programs and resources.
- We value the commitment and investment of volunteers and supporters in sustaining our work.
- We follow environmentally sustainable principles in our facility operations and workplace practices.