Mission: The mission of The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is to feed our neighbors in need and lead the community to end hunger.
Vision: A Western Massachusetts where no one goes hungry and everyone has access to nutritious food.
Preamble to Values: Everyone has a right to healthy food regardless of their circumstances.
One Meal Target: By fiscal year 2018, we will distribute annually the equivalent of 8.6 million meals — two million meals more than in FY10.
Feed our neighbors in need by providing more meals to more people more equitably
- By 2018, we achieve the One Meal Target of 8.6 million meals distributed annually through food acquisition and distribution, and SNAP enrollment.
- We sustain or expand our senior program, and develop and implement a child feeding program.
- The Network (the regional emergency food network composed of member agencies of The Food Bank AND The Food Bank) is equipped to meet the One Meal Target. Food Bank outputs will be separated from member agency outputs to distinguish the two and show their complementarity.
- By 2018, we distribute the same Pounds per Person in Poverty (PPIP) in all four counties, with measurable annual benchmarks.
- We increase the availability of nutritious food to the Network.
Lead and engage the community to end hunger
- We steadily cultivate existing and new donors and volunteers to support The Food Bank.
- We inform and educate the public about hunger and ways to take action.
- We assess and define a plan to end hunger in Western Mass. with a task force of community partners.
- We lead the Network in advocacy and hunger education.
- We increase brand awareness such that The Food Bank becomes a household name.
Strengthen The Food Bank and the Network to operate responsibly, effectively, safely and sustainably
- We have effective fundraising and financial practices and the technology to support The Food Bank and its programs.
- We practice a culture of philanthropy among staff, board members and the community.
- We have sustainable practices that contribute to the health and well-being of our employees, the Network, our clients and the environment.
- Our employees are engaged and committed to The Food Bank’s mission and vision.
- Our Network is aligned with The Food Bank’s mission and vision.
- We have defined, strengthened and promoted our business continuity and disaster response capability internally, with the Network, and with the community.