If you are looking for support, The Food Bank and its partners are here for you.

I am looking for food assistance. Where do I start?

The Food Bank’s Food Assistance Navigation Team

Western Massachusetts has a wide-reaching Regional Food Assistance Network- but it can be hard to tell what you and your family can actually use. The Food Bank, in partnership with 413 Cares, has Food Assistance Navigators who can personally walk you through what is available to you in English and in Spanish. They can also help connect you to non-food related services like fuel assistance.

To get in contact with a Navigator, visit the Food Assistance Navigation page on 413Cares.org, hit the "Contact" button below the green navigation bar, and input your information. You can also call our FAN phone line at 413-203-6413, leave a message with your information, and a Navigator will then be in touch the next business day.

Where can I find food?

Visit our “Get Help” tab for an interactive map of distributions by The Food Bank and its member pantries and meal-sites.

Check the locations and schedule of Project Bread’s Summer Eats Program. Designed to help fill the gap when school meals are not available, these are sites where kids and teens can eat for free all summer.

The PVTA is fare-free for the summer!

From June 1st to August 31st all PVTA services are free to everyone. For PVTA service maps and information, visit their website or download their transit app.

How can my family get connected to SNAP and Summer EBT?

If you are not yet receiving SNAP benefits, and want to learn more about your eligibility or receive assistance with an application, visit our SNAP information page or call our SNAP Assistance line at  (413) 992-6204.

The state of Massachusetts also offers Summer EBT, a program that offers an additional $120 to support student’s nutritional needs through the 3-month summer period. This benefit is automatically distributed to school-age students receiving SNAP benefits. For more information, check the Summer EBT Frequently Asked Questions from the Department of Transitional Assistance.