Federal Public Policy
Work directly to protect and strengthen federal nutrition programs.
Work in collaboration to protect and strengthen programs that are anti‐poverty and anti‐racist.
- Budget, tax proposals, and welfare reform
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- John Lewis Voting Rights Act
- The Build Back Better Infrastructure package and any component parts that may result.
State Public Policy
Work directly to protect and strengthen state nutrition programs and hunger support systems.
Work in collaboration to protect and advance access to healthy food.
Support the advancement of equity by aiding other organizations and acts addressing underlying causes of hunger in Massachusetts.
Tertiary Supported Policies
- Safe Communities Act
- Workforce development: Earned Income Tax Credit, Learn to Earn and Workforce Development Trust Fund
- MA Food Trust
- Affordable housing
- Access to affordable services/education, such as childcare, higher education, behavioral health services,
substance abuse treatment, and services for seniors and disabled people.
- Universal access to affordable health insurance
- Support sister organizations’ policy priorities when overlapping and appropriate (for example: MA Food
System Collaborative, CISA, MA Public Health Association, Lift Our Kids Coalition).