Federal Public Policy
- Child Nutrition Reauthorization
- TEFAP—The Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Farm Bill Reauthorization
- Budget, tax proposals, and welfare reform
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- John Lewis Voting Rights Act
- The Build Back Better Infrastructure package and any component parts that may result.
State Public Policy
- Cliff Effect legislation: An act concerning public assistance for working families and the creation of a pilot
program to address the impacts of the Cliff Effect.
- Hunger‐Free Campus Initiative.
- MEFAP—the Massachusetts Emergency Food Assistance Program
- HIP—the Healthy Incentives Program
- Universal School Meal Campaign
- Health Equity at All Levels (HEAL) Legislation
- Safe Communities Act
- Workforce development: Earned Income Tax Credit, Learn to Earn and Workforce Development Trust Fund
- MA Food Trust
- Affordable housing
- Access to affordable services/education, such as childcare, higher education, behavioral health services,
substance abuse treatment, and services for seniors and disabled people.
- Universal access to affordable health insurance
- Support sister organizations’ policy priorities when overlapping and appropriate (for example: MA Food
System Collaborative, CISA, MA Public Health Association, Lift Our Kids Coalition).