Federal Public Policy
Work directly to protect and strengthen federal nutrition programs.
Work in collaboration to protect and strengthen programs that are anti‐poverty and anti‐racist.
State Public Policy
Work directly to protect and strengthen state nutrition programs and hunger support systems.
Work in collaboration to protect and advance access to healthy food.
- Universal School Meal Campaign
- Health Equity at All Levels (HEAL) Legislation
- Expanded food literacy in MA schools
- State funded nutrition benefits for immigrants not eligible for SNAP
Support the advancement of equity by aiding other organizations and acts addressing underlying causes of hunger in Massachusetts.
Tertiary Supported Policies
- Affordable housing and utilities
- Access to affordable services/education, such as childcare, higher education, behavioral health services, substance abuse treatment, and services for seniors and disabled people.
- Universal access to affordable health insurance
- Support other organizations’ policy priorities when overlapping and appropriate (for example: MA Food System Collaborative, CISA, MA Public Health Association, Lift Our Kids Coalition).
View a Complete PDF of our 2023 Policy Priorities