Peers. Volunteers. End Hunger Here.
The mission of The Kitchen Cabinet is to empower young professionals who are passionate about ending hunger in western Massachusetts through special events and initiatives to advance the work of The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts.
As a Kitchen Cabinet Member you will:
- Network with other young professionals and emerging leaders.
- Gain skills in an area that interests you by joining a committee: Membership & Community Outreach, Special Events, Marketing and Green Team.
- Help plan and facilitate fun events at — and for — The Food Bank.
- Assume a leadership role in volunteer, advocacy and fundraising projects.
- Take action to end hunger.
Past & Current Projects:
- Develop and facilitate The Food Bank After Hours events.
- Introduced eco-friendly initiatives at Will Bike 4 Food, by eliminating single-use water bottles, up-cycling old t-shirts, and increasing composting and recycling.
- Received training from the Center for Eco-Technology about reducing food waste, recycling, composting and other essential environmental concerns, allowing us to advocate for positive changes in our personal and professional lives.
- Attend at least one monthly meeting or event.
- Join at least one committee.
- 4+ hours/month spent on committee action steps outside of meetings.
- Attend any other events hosted by The Kitchen Cabinet.
- Pay $35 annual dues.
- Share The Kitchen Cabinet’s events and campaigns on your personal social media pages.
The Next Kitchen Cabinet Meeting
The Food Bank, 97 North Hatfield Rd, Hatfield MA. Lights snacks provided. Prospective members always welcome!
The Food Bank After Hours
The next Food Bank After Hours will be Tuesday, February 4 from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. at The Food Bank.
To learn more about The Kitchen Cabinet, contact our Event Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 247-9738.
Stressless Charity at Danco Modern
Now through January 20, 2020, customers who donate $50 to The Food Bank will receive a discount at Danco Modern.