By riding in Will Bike 4 Food, you demonstrate your commitment to helping more than 89,000 people every month in western Massachusetts who are struggling with food insecurity. Regardless of your age or ability, you have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those around you and strengthen our community.
Each year, The Food Bank distributes nearly 10 million pounds of food across Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire counties. Since COVID-19, we have seen the amount of food we distribute from our warehouse increase. We feed our neighbors in need by distributing food to over 252 members and through our own Mobile Food Banks and Brown Bag: Food for Elders programs.
Our work would not be possible without the support of the community. By collecting donations for The Food Bank, you’re letting your friends and family know that this is a cause you believe in and an organization you support. For every $1 that you collect, The Food Bank can provide 4 meals to those who need them most.
Sign up today to pedal towards a hunger-free future.
Four routes. One destination.
A community without hunger.
Please note that the actual mileage of the routes may be slightly higher or lower than indicated, due to unavoidable limitations with roads, traffic and terrain.
Registration: There is a $35 registration fee due at the time of registration. This fee applies to all participants, including young children riding on the back of or being towed by an adult bike. There is no fundraising requirement for under 18 participants.
Fundraising Minimums: This year we have eliminated the fundraising minimum for this year’s virtual event. Fundraising is strongly encouraged, but not required to participate. Individuals who raise $175 will receive a WB4F 2020 t-shirt. Individuals who raise $1,000 or more will receive a custom WB4F cycling jersey.
Riding, training, and fundraising are more fun with friends!
- Choose a captain. If you’ve decided to put a team together, that’s you!
- Choose a team name. It can be as simple or as clever as you’d like. Please remember that this is a family event. Food Bank staff reserves the right to veto team names that are deemed offensive or in poor taste.
- Begin the registration process as an individual.
- In the teams section during registration, enter your team name. As the creator of the team, you are automatically the captain. This can be changed and co-captains can be added later.
- All team members must register individually, selecting your team name from the drop-down menu in that section.
Need to add someone to your team who’s already registered? Other questions or assistance required? Email JillianM@foodbankwma.org.