This September, we want to see you as much as possible on social media out in the world enjoying the beautiful western Massachusetts landscape while raising awareness of food insecurity and the vital work being done by The Food Bank. To help encourage a large virtual showing of support, we will be eliminating the fundraising minimum. In exchange, we hope you will tell your friends and help us spread the word!
Raising funds for The Food Bank is always welcomed and greatly appreciated. By fundraising for this event, you’re letting your network know that ending hunger in western Massachusetts is an issue that’s important to you. During this critical time of need in our community, your efforts will not go unnoticed.
- All adult participants who raise the previous fundraising requirement of $175 will get a 2020 WB4F t-shirt (that’s over 700 meals!)
- Individuals who raise $1,000 will receive a custom Will Bike 4 Food cycling jersey.
Stay tuned for updates on our WB4F Facebook page for fun prizes for dedicated fundraisers.
We’re here to help. Email JillianM@foodbankwma.org with any questions.
Download social media toolkit
Download Pledge Sheet
Donate to a participant or team
Not sure how to get started fundraising? Download our Fundraising PDF or check out these helpful tips for a few ideas:
- Day 1 – Start by sponsoring yourself for $50
- Day 2 – Ask two family members to sponsor you for $50
- Day 3 – Ask 10 friends to each contribute $20
- Day 4 – Ask 5 co-workers to each contribute $20
- Day 5 – Ask 5 neighbors to each contribute $20
- Day 6 – Ask 10 people from your place of worship to contribute $10 each
- Day 7 – Ask your boss for a company contribution of $50 (or, find out if your company will match what you raise)
- Day 8 – Ask 5 businesses that your company works with to sponsor you for $40 each
- Day 9 – Ask four businesses you frequent to contribute $25 each