March 30 – May 8, 2020
The Legal Food Frenzy (LFF) is a fundraising competition to support our neighbors facing hunger. Bar Associations, District Attorney’s Offices, and other legal organizations of all sizes are invited to compete for the “Legal Food Frenzy Cup”. The winner is determined by dividing the total money raised by the number of team members, so organizations of any size can win.
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts believes everyone has a right to healthy food regardless of their circumstances. Serving Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire counties, The Food Bank is the leader of the region’s emergency food network. With the COVID-19 crisis rapidly evolving, the Food Bank is planning for greater risk — ordering more food for increased demand and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (Mass. DPH) to safely distribute food. As schools close, many children are without free school meals and seniors face the highest risk of COVID-19 complications. The Food Bank’s goal is to supply emergency food to all four counties of the region as safely as possible.
Donate now or find your team page at: www.pledgereg.com/LFF
If you’re affiliated with a Bar Association or District Attorney’s Office, find your team page at www.pledgereg.com/LFF
If you’re part of the legal community but not affiliated with a Bar Association or District Attorney’s Office, contact Jillian Morgan, Corporate Relations Officer, at JillianM@foodbankwma.org or 413-247-9738 x126.
March 30-May 8: Legal Food Frenzy
Collect as much money as you can on your team’s personalized on-line fundraising page.
Any donations received after 4pm on May 8th will not be counted (though they will still help to feed our neighbors in need). Checks should be mailed by May 5th to ensure receipt.
May 18: Winners announced.
Trophy presentation dates TBD.
- Total $ raised ÷ number of team members = total points
- Determining number of team members:
- Bar Associations = Members + Staff – Judges
- District Attorneys and other offices = Total Staff
- The total number of participants is based on the actual number of people in your group, not the number of people who are choosing to participate. (i.e. If you have 100 members but only 1 person putting in the work, your points are still divided by 100)
- For the safety of our staff and community, only credit card donations made on your team’s fundraising page and mailed check donations will be accepted. Please do not mail cash or come to The Food Bank.
- Donations must be received by 4pm on Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Check donations should be mailed by May 5th to ensure delivery. Include your team name on the check memo. Check donations should be sent to:
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
Attn: Legal Food Frenzy
P.O. Box 160
Hatfield, MA 01038
- Credit card donations can be made to your team’s page at pledgereg.com/LFF
- If you are part of the legal community but NOT associated with a bar association or district attorney’s office, email JillianM@foodbankwma.org to create a fundraising page.
- We cannot accept food drive donations.
- Winners will be announced in an email to all participants by May 18, 2020.
- The Legal Food Frenzy Cup is held by the winning offices/organizations for one year.
Do not be afraid to set an ambitious goal. You will be amazed at what your team can accomplish when you work together!
- Ask! Asking for money can be uncomfortable, but the answer to an unasked question is always no. Send personalized messages to your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Make it personal and genuine. Why is the issue of food insecurity important to you? What is your connection to The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts? Why do you want to win?
- Make it easy. Include the direct link to your page with any solicitation or mention of Legal Food Frenzy.
- Donate to your page and ask people to match your donation. Don’t just tell people you care, show them!
- If you’re relying on social media, it will take more than one post. Keep your followers updated on your progress. Show the impact they’ll be making by donating. Keep the conversation going.
- Tag us in your posts.
(Please note: Fundraising will go live on March 30th)
To register your team, contact: Jillian Morgan, Corporate Relations Manager 413-203-4946 | JillianM@foodbankwma.org
Team captains will receive additional information upon registration. Best of luck and thank you!