The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts will be hosting our 2nd Annual Family Volunteer Day September 7th! RSVP Today through our Facebook Event Page!
Since September is Hunger Action Month
we’re going to be including a whole host of activities throughout the day! These include:
- Multiple Volunteer activities to move between throughout the day
- Nutrition Activities with our Nutrition staff, including making fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits! Readings of hunger-themed children’s books
- Educational workshops to give youth and adults context to their service and learn about the difference their work makes.
- Facility tours including tours of our offices not normally included in the warehouse tour.
- Fun take-home activities to encourage kids (and adults) to continue to make a difference throughout Hunger Action Month!
We’re also encouraging all participants to wear something Orange and “Go Orange” for Hunger Action Month!
The event will last from 10am until 3pm on Sunday, September 7th and will be open-house style, so you can come for part or all of the day. Activities like book readings and workshops will take place periodically throughout the day.
We hope to see you all there this September!