Feeding programs across Western Massachusetts – including food pantries, meal sites, shelters, childcare centers, rehabilitation homes, and other programs serving people in need of food assistance– are potentially eligible to become members of The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts. Our service area includes Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden and Hampshire Counties.
To ensure we are equitably addressing food insecurity across the region, The Food Bank actively seeks membership applications based on identified needs and food supply.
We are accepting new members from all four counties of western Massachusetts.
Food Bank member partners include both Emergency Food Programs and Non-Emergency Food Programs.
Emergency Food Programs must be open to the public and have a primary purpose of providing emergency food and/or providing emergency overnight shelter.
We are currently accepting Emergency Food Programs from all four counties of western Massachusetts.
- Food pantries
- Meal programs
- Shelters with a maximum stay of 6 months or less
Non-emergency food programs are private and provide other assistance to low-income families and individuals, and also provide food as a part of their service.
We are not currently accepting Non-Emergency Food Programs.
- Drug rehabilitation program
- Adult Day program
Overview of criteria for membership
- Emergency Programs: Agency must be incorporated as a 501(c)3 organization or recognized as a nonprofit religious organization by the IRS, for at least six months.
- Agency and program must be located in The Food Bank’s service area.
- Agency must be legally, fiscally, and programmatically responsible for the feeding program it administers.
- Feeding program must serve at least 51% clients who are deemed “needy” based on income, means-tested federal or state assistance, or location in a disadvantaged community.
A variety of criteria and documentation must be met as part of the member agency application. For more information, please contact our Agency Relations department at email@example.com or 413-247-9738.
If we are not currently accepting programs of your type in your service area, please check our website quarterly for updates.