Get Food
Donate Now
Sign up for our
Email Newsletter

Translate this site
English flagSpanish flag
Non-Discrimination Policies

In The Bank

Posted on Friday, November 4th, 2011

by Lydia Mills
SNAP Coordinator

If you lost food in the recent power outages and receive food stamps (SNAP), there is some extra assistance available for you. However, unlike after the tornado and tropical storm, this help will not be automatically added to your EBT card. There is a quick and easy form (linked to below) that you can fill out and send to your local DTA office. It must be there by Wednesday, November 9th! UPDATE: the deadline has been extended to November 18. You should include your SSN on the top of the form to ensure that it gets processed.

There is a space on the bottom of the form that asks you to provide verification for your food loss. However, since so many towns lost power completely after the October storm, many people will not have to get a verifying signature. In the form below, you will see a list of towns that do not need verification.

If you do not live in an exempt town, you can get a signature from someone at a local food pantry or other community agency.

CLICK HERE for the Statement of Food Loss form. If you have any questions, call a SNAP Coordinator at The Food Bank of Western Mass: 413-247-9738.

Comments Off
Category : Blog

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.