Get Food
Donate Now
Sign up for our
Email Newsletter

Translate this site
English flagSpanish flag
Non-Discrimination Policies

Get Food

Do you need food? Is someone you know or love going hungry because they can’t afford food?

Call The Food Bank at 413-247-9738 or 1-800-247-9632. We can help direct you to a resource in your community.

The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts works with a network of hundreds of food assistance agencies throughout Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire Counties. If you live in one of those counties, check out our list of Food Bank partner agencies to find a food pantry, meal site, or other type of assistance near you.

Click on your county below to find a list of food pantries and meal sites:

Berkshire County
Franklin County
Hampden County
Hampshire County

Our Mobile Food Bank (made possible by a grant from Our Family Foundation by Stop & Shop) serves a total of 10 community locations across Western Massachusetts.

For people ages 55 and older who meet income guidelines, The Food Bank’s Brown Bag: Food for Elders program supplies a free monthly bag of groceries in 51 western Massachusetts towns. To sign up for the program, call us at 413-247-9738.

There are other ways to get help beyond The Food Bank.

Apply for food stamps through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Find out if you qualify for food stamps at

SNAP benefits help buy nutritious food and can give you extra money for other things you need, like prescription medicines, fuel for your home or dependent care. To get more information about food stamp benefits and get started in the application process call The Food Bank at (413) 247-9738.  Our SNAP outreach coordinator will point you in the right direction and help you determine your eligibility and complete your application.  You may also get information about the Food Stamp Program by visiting the department’s website at

Call the Project Bread Food Source Hotline at 800-645-8333 to learn more about Food Stamps and to find food pantry or soup kitchen near you (TTY: 1-800-377-1292).

For information about food assistance, heating oil, housing, health care, and much more, call one of the following numbers:

  • First Call for Help (Franklin County) 413-774-2318
  • First Call for Help (Hampshire County) 413-582-4237 or 1-800-339-7779
  • Help Line (Hampden County, Granby, S. Hadley) 413-737-2712

The Women, Infants & Children program (WIC) is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food and other services free of charge to Massachusetts families who qualify. The general phone number for WIC is 1-800-WIC-1007, (1-800-942-1007). The website for WIC is You may also contact your local WIC office:

  • Berkshire County North (413) 445-9429
  • Berkshire County South (413) 528-0457
  • Franklin County/North Quabbin (413) 376-1160
  • Hampshire County (413) 584-3591
  • Holyoke/Chicopee (413) 534-2460
  • Springfield North (413) 737-8868
  • Springfield South (413) 693-1029

Get the Tax Refund You Qualify for!
The federal Earned Income Credit (EIC) and/or the Child Tax Credit (CTC) may boost your income. In fact, you may qualify for a refund even if you owe no tax — but you must claim the credit on your federal income tax form. EIC claims can be submitted after April 15 and can be filed retroactively for up to three years. To learn more, click here.