TITLE: AGENCY TRAINING COORDINATOR (VISTA) STATUS: FULL TIME (40 HRS)
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, in partnership with the New England Farm Workers Council, is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA Agency Training Coordinator.
The Agency Training Coordinator will work with the emergency food network throughout Western MA to increase the capacity of Food Bank member agencies to move more food to more people more equitably. The Coordinator will build capacity by planning trainings for member agencies, enabling agencies to access more food through an existing remote depot drop location, and assessing the feasibility of expanding current Food Bank services to include a new depot drop, school pantries, and a senior pantry. This position will be based in Hatfield but will require extensive travel throughout all four counties.
- • Work with the Agency Resource Coordinator and the Director of Programs to expand the current Agency Training Institute by increasing the number and type of training opportunities, adjusting the times of trainings to better meet the needs of agencies, and increasing access to training materials by putting them online.
- • Carry out all logistical planning necessary for each training, including securing a location, identifying and recruiting trainers, ordering food, printing training materials, registering participants, etc.
- • Use an evaluation tool to evaluate the learning outcomes of each training. Report results to the trainer, the Agency Resource Coordinator, and the Director of Programs.
- • Coordinate the weekly Berkshire County Depot Drop, including record-keeping and reporting.
- • Work with the Agency Resource Coordinator, Agency Relations, and Food Operations to conduct research to assess the feasibility of opening a new depot drop location in Hampden County.
- • Conduct research to determine the feasibility of opening school and/or senior pantries. Develop a concept paper that will guide The Food Bank in its decision-making process by identifying opportunities and challenges.
- • Assist as needed with The Food Bank’s Agency Credits (ACE) and Capacity Building Mini-Grants processes for member agencies
- • Develop and provide reports as necessary
- • Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications & Requirements:
Communications – Must have very strong communication skills, including:
- • Comfort communicating in writing and verbally
- • Ability to present information succinctly, clearly, and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- • Comfort communicating with others in person, on the phone and by email
Computer – Must have strong computer skills, including:
- • Word—ability to write, edit, and format professional documents including memos, reports, and letters
- • Excel—ability to input, manipulate, and format data; create and use basic formulas; read and understand spreadsheets
- • PowerPoint—ability to create and edit professional PowerPoint presentations
- • Internet—ability to conduct research online
Interpersonal – Must have strong interpersonal skills, including:
- • Experience and comfort working in a variety of cultures and communities
- • Ability to work well within a team
- • Willingness to be flexible in a changing environment
- • Strong organizational and time management skills
- • Ability to meet established objectives on time
- • Knowledge of and experience with issues related to hunger, poverty, and nutrition
- • Willingness and ability to think creatively to solve problems and overcome challenges
- • Ability to drive, excellent driving history, and access to a reliable vehicle. Willingness to drive extensively throughout Western Mass.
This is a one year, full-time position. Because AmeriCorps VISTA service requires full immersion in the project and community, both full- and part-time employment are strictly prohibited — no exceptions – including political and religious activities. For more information, please review the AmeriCorps VISTA Terms, Conditions and Benefits information available here – http://bit.ly/1dAs2FM.
AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers are responsible for their own housing.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program Benefits:
- • $1,026 monthly living allowance, paid biweekly
- • Segal Education Award ($5,645) or End-of-Service stipend ($1,500)
- • Health benefits*
- • Opportunity to forbear student loans while in service
- • Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- • Childcare assistance (if applicable)
- • Optional life insurance
- • One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
- • A network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alumni
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and your résumé to: email@example.com with the subject line ATC2014.
*Health benefits provided by participating in the AmeriCorps VISTA program currently do not meet the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act. If an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer does not enroll in a separate program to meet this mandate, they may be assessed a penalty payment.
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.
Résumés will be considered immediately. Search will continue until the position is filled.