A great recipe for families to get involved and cook together. Teach the importance of healthy, nutritious food, and do it affordably at $1.25 per serving or $5.02 for the entire recipe.
4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
1⁄4 red onion (julienned)
1 carrot (julienned)
1 red pepper (julienned)
1 celery stalk (julienned)
1⁄2 zucchini (julienned)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons basil (fresh, chopped)
thyme (fresh springs, optional)
parsley (chopped, optional)
ginger (minced, optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste, optional)
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
3. Place each chicken breast in a large square of foil or parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top chicken with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
5. Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, depending the thickness of the chicken breast.
Nutritional info: Per serving: 170 calories, 5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 60 mg sodium, 6 carbs, 24 g protein, 3 g sugar. Source: USDA.govComments Off
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.